Monday

Trusting your intuition about your dogs will make you a better pack leader

What I was noticing was the start of tumor several years before it grew to block my dog's air way.  She suffered a long time as it grew.  I continued to ask the doctors but not one of them did the right thing to find out what really was going on.  I went as far as asking them directly about her breathing and why she was panting so much and the night before she died I even went as far as to ask if they thought she was choking on something.  I was assured it was her lungs.  It wasn't her lungs. 

GUIDE TO DOG SYMPTOMS AT PETPLACE.COM





It is a sad story and I know many people have tragic, heart breaking stories about losing their dogs to some illness or accident.  But I wanted to explain to you the bond you will have with your dog if you use you other senses more when you communicate with your dog.  You will also have to use you calm-assertive energy to make sure your dogs get the proper care they deserve.  I did not do this with Bobo, and I made the mistake of relying on the "experts" and asking family if they thought something was wrong.  Everyone said she looked fine but I should have been more assertive with the doctors.  It may have helped avoid some needless suffering if the tumor could have been treated at such an early stage.  I don't know for sure but I learned a good lesson about my own intuition and my assertive behavior.  I have been much more assertive with the doctors and I have also made sure to be a lot more informed about what certain symptoms could mean.   

Being the pack leader is a lot of things besides just holding your dog on a leash.  It is something that will impact your life forever.  If you can learn to be a great pack leader you will be doing all the things you need to do to have a healthier, happier and more successful life.  Our dogs have so much to teach us if we are willing to listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment