Monday

pack leader and dog whisperer make for a special bond between man and dog

They look so innocent. 



Becoming a dog whisperer doesn't happen over night.  As humans we are used to communicating everything through speech or the written word.  Our energy is important but people are less perceptive than dogs in reference to our energy.  We may be able to to pretend we are strong and assertive to humans and they might to for it, but our dogs can sense what is behind the facade.  If our energy is not calm-assertive our dogs will know right away and will not willingly follow as part of your pack.  But humans may believe what you tell them.  We all have been fooled by someone who was a smooth talker that later turned out to be a cheat or a fraud. 

Our dogs can read between the lines better than we can but we have the potential to use our intuition more.  We have instincts and senses that we have let go dormant for years.  As we evolved we learned to trust our senses less and less and it often has left us vulnerable to the "smooth talkers".  But as we become a better, stronger pack leader we will be projecting calm-assertive energy as well as developing our intuition.  As pack leader we will be using our intuition to assess the health and energy of our dogs.  They won't be able to tell us what is wrong.  But the more we get in tune with our pack and our dog training becomes more of a partnership, we will be able to tell things about our dogs that no one else would ever know. 

I could see something wrong with one of my dogs several years before she died.  I had spent a great deal of time with her for 5 or 6 years and I could tell if something was wrong.  The problems arise when our special bond with our dog can not be matched by the vet.  I noticed one of her eyes seemed to be drooping or bulging out and I took her to the doctor right away.  They assured me that it was nothing and it was normal for Labradors and it was totally fine. 
I knew it wasn't totally fine had her checked several times and everyone seem to placate me but never really give me a good answer.  I don't think modern medicine can account for intuition and vets tend to see most people as overly nervous about their dogs.  But about a year or two later the vet said it may be glaucoma in her eye and started her on daily eye drops.  This went on for a few years and I knew it wasn't working and that something just wasn't right  but I deferred to the doctors expertise.  I have sense changed my philosophy on that with my other dogs and cats

More to the story here. 



Related Articles HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment